Club Matters, the essential one-stop-shop for sports clubs, will provide you with support, learning and guidance on all aspects of running a club whether it is large, small, formal or informal. Club Matters offers free, simple and bite-sized support to all clubs.
Club Matters can help you to improve your club with:
- Online support – there will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions delivered across the country by experts in a range of speciﬁc areas
- Mentoring – whether you want long-term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, our Club Matters mentors can help. Our ﬂexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club
- Club Improvement Plan – an online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and whether they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan
- Club Views – a club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club
- Clubmark – the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs. Find out more about Clubmark here
RFU Alcohol (& Gambling) Licensing help
The Rugby Football Union together with Poppleston Allen Licensing Solicitors has set up a free Alcohol (& Gambling) licensing Helpline 0115 934 9177, which is available to address any issues or concerns you may have relating to the licensing of your premises. Please also consider the Rugby Football Union and Poppleston Allen Licensing Solicitors guide (PDF 200kB) to enable you to compare your current offer and practices with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.