The Director of Rugby course has been developed by the RFU in partnership with the Ashridge Sport and Business Initiative to develop and support a generation of dynamic and inspirational leaders for the game. It is aimed at those leading rugby programmes in clubs, schools, colleges and universities.
The course will develop leadership and management themes, but set them firmly in an applied rugby context.
The course will be delivered over four days, taking in four modules. Modules will be delivered in two sets of consecutive days, with residential accommodation provided within the cost.
Over dinner at each overnight stay, there will be chance to listen to and question an experienced Director of Rugby to develop further your learning.
It is envisaged that each cohort will become an ongoing Community of Learning, sharing practice and experience for years to come and the RFU intends to help facilitate this.
The content will be delivered as follows:
· The DOR Role
· What is Success; Vision, Mission, Values
· Stakeholder Mapping and Engagement
· Change Management
· Leadership Models & Style
· Conflict Management and Influencing
· Managing Performance & Developing People
· Players, Coaches & Support staff
· Succession Planning – Captains, Leaders
The content will be delivered by:
· Nick Scott – Coaching Development Manager
· Ian Bell – Ashridge Sport Business Initiative
Places are limited – please apply online through our Online Course Booking System. The closing date for applications is 18th May 2017.
For more information on course dates and location, please download this PDF (635kB).