Old Mutual Wealth Kids First puts children first. Aimed at U7-U13 boys and girls, it upskills coaches and creates a great rugby environment, so that everyone stays in the game for longer.
Clubs and schools taking the Old Mutual Wealth Kids First pledge will get access to a whole host of benefits including:
- Invites to exclusive local and national events with other clubs and schools
- An exclusive Facebook group where you will get useful resources and the chance to speak to other coaches and teachers for ideas and inspiration
- Exclusive skills videos before anyone else
- Training courses
- A special kit bag full of resources
- Old Mutual Wealth Kids First brand centre where you can create and download posters and other materials for your club or school
- All clubs and schools with children aged 6-13 can sign up.
- Ask your Club Chairman or Head Teacher to Old Mutual Wealth Kids First pledge by registering their details.
- As part of the registration process all clubs and schools will pass through a safeguarding filtering. Shortly after, they will be contacted directly by the Rugby Football Union.
Why is Old Mutual Wealth Kids First good for your club or school?
- Motivate more players to play rugby and to play for longer
- Strengthen the foundations of our sport – it is where most players first experience rugby
- Drive an enjoyable, quality experience so that boys and girls enjoy rugby more
- Reduce dropout of players aged 6-13 and get more playing 15 a side rugby
- Good for rugby in England
- Good for the future of rugby clubs and
- Good for everyone taking part
So what’s it all about?
- The rules are simplified to support children’s development – they are deliberately uncomplicated, progressive and flexible.
- A free-flowing and continuous game should be encouraged. The core guidelines have enough flexibility for coaches to adapt to the needs of their players.
- The game has been developed to increase player involvement, increase the number of decisions a player has to make which in turn will improve their game understanding.
- More touches of the ball supports players’ skill development as they are involved more frequently, during the game.
Looking for inspiration for your coaching sessions?
We’ve created a series of skills videos led by England head coach Eddie Jones offering fun games for you to run for your players. Check them out here.
Already signed up?
Think you are leading the way and want ‘Old Mutual Wealth Kids First’ Ambassador Ugo Monye to visit to your club or school? Find out more about ‘Kids First Champions', and how your team could get a surprise guest.
Find out more about Age Grade Rugby.
Find out more about Old Mutual Wealth.