Old Mutual Wealth Kids First puts children first. Aimed at U7-U13 boys and girls, it upskills coaches and creates a great rugby environment, so that everyone stays in the game for longer.
Old Mutual Wealth Kids First is linked to a wider review of age grade rugby. It is a coaching mindset that gives boys and girls aged 6-13 the opportunity to prosper through rugby. It does this by fostering an environment for having fun, learning and building confidence.
All rugby activity and competitions are age appropriate. We help children develop and learn the game at their own pace, and making sure they have plenty of fun while playing. Check out our educational skills content here and see Old Mutual Wealth Kids First in action.
We’re asking rugby clubs and schools across the country to take the Old Mutual Wealth Kids First pledge to commit to a range of high quality standards.
We want parents to notice an impact: seeing happy kids enjoying rugby and a great rugby environment on offer for all.
How is Old Mutual Wealth Kids First different?
Old Mutual Wealth Kids First is transformational:
- It puts kids first not coaches
- It is inclusive
- It ensures rugby’s rules support children’s development – they are deliberately uncomplicated, progressive and flexible.
- It defines the commitment and expectation of adults
- It directly impacts on the next steps for players
- It is consistent between clubs and schools
Why should my child play Old Mutual Wealth Kids First rugby?
- Old Mutual Wealth Kids First playing format offers building blocks to 15-a-side rugby that allows players time to get to grips with the basics of running and catching the ball before contact and specialism is gradually introduced.
- This gradual introduction of rules, a simpler game, and fostering an environment for having fun, learning and building confidence will ensure that the development of each individual child goes hand in hand with the development of rugbythrough the age groups.
Learn more about the Old Mutual Wealth Kids First rules of play
Find more more about Old Mutual Wealth
Seen some great activity?
Shout about it. We want to hear from you. Tweet us your photos and stories using #OMWKidsFirst
You can also nominate clubs or schools as an Old Mutual Wealth Kids First champion.