- Jersey play Munster 'A' in Cork on Friday night
- The Reds have never won the British & Irish Cup
Jersey Reds can make history on Friday night if they beat Munster ‘A’ at Independent Park, Cork in the British & Irish Cup final.
It is the first time Jersey have made the competition final, and after finishing a best-ever fifth place in the Greene King IPA Championship last weekend, they are a team peaking in form.
The Reds beat London Irish 25-18 in their semi-final at Madejski Stadium three weeks ago, having trailed by two points in the closing stages. But a penalty followed by a late Nick Selway score ensured a historic triumph for the visitors.
Where: Independent Park, Cork
When: Friday, 21 April
With a number of the current squad leaving Jersey at the end of this season - including five members of the Reds' starting pack for Friday night - head coach Harvey Biljon says there is a collective desire to win silverware.
"The players have come together superbly well this season, overcoming adversity to achieve tremendous results," he added. "They can all be proud of helping the club to a best-ever league finish, but now we have the challenge of a cup final.
"What a way to finish the season and what an opportunity for these players to get some silverware to show for their efforts this season and really put Jersey on the map."
Jersey's route to the final: Lost Ulster A (19-6), Beat Cardiff Blues Premiership Select (49-12), Beat London Scottish (13-22), Beat London Scottish (23-19), Beat Cardiff Blues Premiership Select (10-55), Beat Ulster A (26-21), Beat Cornish Pirates (36-20), Beat London Irish (17-25).
Stats & facts
- A week before beating London Irish in this comp, Jersey handed the Exiles their first league loss of 2016/17.
- Jersey assistant coach Alex Rae will resume his playing career at former club Bedford Blues next season.
- Jersey went on a 10-game winning streak until Doncaster edged them by four points two weeks ago.
- Number eight Nick Haining has featured in all 32 of the Reds' matches this season.
- The Reds have scored 242 points in this season's B&I Cup and conceded 131.
Jersey team to face Munster 'A'
15. Ross Adair, 14. George Watkins, 13. Jordan Davies, 12. Apakuki Ma'afu, 11. Nick Scott, 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Kieran Hardy, 1. Jake Woolmore, 2. Joe Buckle, 3. Simon Kerrod, 4. James Voss, 5. Pierce Phillips, 6. James Freeman (c), 7. Gary Graham, 8. Nick Haining.
Replacements: 16. Nick Selway, 17. Sean McCarthy, 18. Jake Armstrong, 19. Uili Kolo'ofa'i, 20. Max Argyle, 21. Joel Dudley, 22. Lewis Robling.