- England Counties U20 win series 2-0 in Holland
- Counties score nine tries in sweltering temperatures
England Counties U20 rounded off their tour to Holland with an emphatic 57-8 win in the second Test against Holland A at Watergaareden on Saturday.
Wing Tom Carleton scored a hat-trick while Chris Taylor (two), Tobias Robinson, Cameron Gray, Sam Hudson and Karl Garside also went over, with Fraser Honey and Ollie Burgess adding three conversions apiece.
England began the match brightly and took an early lead through hooker Taylor and they continued to show off their slick handling skills as Carleton was on the end of a move to score his first of the match.
Full back Robinson and flanker Gray crossed the whitewash before Hudson, who received the man of the series award, also scored on the stroke of half-time. Fly half Honey added to his 11-point haul from the first match with three successful first-half conversions, and a solitary penalty from the hosts left the score 31-3 at half-time.
Counties started the second half in the same vein as the first, with Carleton scoring two more tries to register a memorable hat-trick. Taylor also added to his first-half score while prop Garside rounded off proceedings by sauntering in from 20 metres.
Centre Burgess kicked three out of four conversions and a consolation score for the Netherlands made the full-time result 57-8 to the tourists.
England Counties U20
- John Whittaker (Sandbach/Cheshire)
- Chris Taylor (Preston Grasshoppers/Cheshire)
- William Dennis (Harrogate/Yorkshire)
- Nick Ashcroft (Fylde/Lancashire)
- Cameron Gray (Coventry/Warwickshire)
- Seb Cecil (University of Nottingham and Nottingham Academy/East Midlands)
- Sam Hudson (Otley and Loughborough University/Yorkshire)
- Tui Uru (Ipswich/Eastern Counties)
- Will Luxford (Old Elthamians/Kent)
- Fraser Honey (Cornish All Blacks/Cornwall)
- Tom Carleton (Fylde and Manchester Met/Lancashire)
- Ollie Burgess (Old Albanians/East Midlands)
- Connor Wilkinson (Fylde/Manchester Met)
- Charlie Venables (Leeds Beckett/Cheshire)
- Tobias Robinson (St Austell/Cornwall)
- Griffi Whitson (Reading University/Berkshire)
- Seb Brownhill (Bishop's Stortford/Hertfordshire)
- Karl Gartside (Old Albanian's/Hertfordshire)
- Sam Bailey (Bournemouth/Loughborough and Dorset & Wiltshire)
- Rahat Choudhury (Notts Lincs and Derby)
- Rob Fogerty (Brighton Blues/Sussex)