The relationship with Twickenham Community is of utmost importance to the RFU. We aim to ensure our impact on the local area is a positive one through a comprehensive community relations programme with the following initiatives:
- “Home Turf” Ticket Ballot: A residents’ ticket ballot is available for the RBS 6 Nations and QBE Internationals. Further details of RBS 6 Nations ballot will be in December’s “Rugby Post”.
- “Home Turf” Sponsorship: Sponsoring non-rugby activities in the local area including charities, community groups and events.
- “Home Turf” Hosting: Providing rooms at Twickenham Stadium free of charge for community use.
- “Kick Start” Education Partnership: The RFU works with 22 local schools and includes a financial donation, bursaries for talented young rugby players, work experience opportunities and free tickets to matches at the Stadium.
- Match Day support
In addition to this there is support from a special legacy fund in 2015 in recognition of the contribution of the community to the success of the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
Contact the RFU Community Relations Officer, Pedro Diogo, on email@example.com for further information on any of the above.
Exclusive discount for residents on HSBC London Sevens tickets
The RFU is pleased to offer local residents* exclusive access to discounted tickets for this year’s HSBC London Sevens.
The 2016 HSBC London Sevens will take place on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 May, with this year’s event recreated as a Feast of Rugby, which will celebrate the exceptional rugby and food of the competing nations, in response to feedback from the local community.
England Rugby’s offer to local residents includes a 75% discount on adult tickets, priced at £10, while juniors will pay just £5.
To purchase tickets, you must have an RFU e-Ticketing account. Over 12,000 local residents are already registered. To create an account, please click here. New registrations please email TwickenhamCommunity@RFU.com from the email account you signed up to ensure you are given access to the exclusive residents rate.
To purchase tickets for Saturday 21 May please click here.
To purchase tickets for Sunday 22 May please click here.
*Eligible residents include those living in postcode areas TW1, TW2, TW3 2 and TW7 7.
Please note that discounted tickets for residents are only available in the East Stand Middle Tier (blocks M30-M36).
To ensure you are to speed with the latest information from the RFU on Home Turf please enter your up to date details here.
To apply for RFU sponsorship please review the criteria and complete the HOME TURF SPONSORSHIP FORM.
2015 Local Legacy Fund
The RFU have launched a lasting local legacy programme following the Rugby World Cup which includes:
- Mitigation: Delivering lasting mitigation activities in the most impacted areas.
- Development: Providing a fund to support at least 15 local community projects with grants of between £1,000-10,000 which make a lasting difference to the community. To review the criteria and apply for funding, please complete THE 2015 LOCAL LEGACY GRANT FORM.
- Build: Introducing a key capital project to encourage participation rugby in the local area.
Match day support
- RFU match day community helpline 07894 814180. Please note this phone is only in use on match days 2 hours prior to kick off and 2 hours following the final whistle.
- Event day parking helplines:
- Richmond Council – 020 8744 0462
- Hounslow Council – 07852 310713
- To report anti-social behaviour: