Address For Twickenham Stadium
The World Rugby Museum is located in the East Stand of Twickenham Stadium. Tickets are purchased from the Rugby Store located in the South Stand.
Due to preparations for the Rugby World Cup, parking arrangements at the Stadium have now changed. Parking is available for museum and tour visitors in the Rosebine car park – a short walk from the stadium and accessed off the A316. The location of the Rosebine car park (next to the Twickenham Stoop car park) is detailed on our downloadable map (PDF 808kB).
2015 QBE Internationals transport update
For the 2015 QBE Internationals on 15 August and 5 September 2015, there will be a number of new travel initiatives designed to get you to and from the stadium more quickly than ever. Remember there is no parking in the West and North car parks for these matches and the A316 will be closed between Hospital Bridge Road and London Road, for three hours before, during and two hours after each match. So plan your travel in advance.
Additional services include:
- Park & Ride facility from Kempton Park and Hounslow Civic Centre. Kempton Park offers fans the added option for getting to and from the stadium, fans can travel into the stadium via bus or train, with a dedicated service connecting Kempton Park station to Twickenham station. Those parking at Hounslow Civic Centre can catch the shuttle bus from Hounslow Central Station to the stadium. Park & Ride tickets must be pre-booked here
- Extended train services with more trains to and from Waterloo every hour
- Free express bus shuttles taking fans from Twickenham to central London post match
- Free express bus shuttles taking fans to and from Hounslow Central Station for the Piccadilly line
2015 QBE Internationals approach routes
- Approach routes - Bull Field (PDF 376kB)
- Approach routes - Cardinal Vaughan (PDF 296kB)
- Approach routes - Chase Bridge (PDF 308kB)
- Approach routes - Rosebine (PDF 156kB)
- Approach routes - Tesco (PDF 376kB)
Twickenham is approximately six miles from London Heathrow, 20 miles from London City Airport, 30 miles from London Gatwick and 40 miles from London Luton. If you are travelling from London, you may find the Transport for London journey planner useful.
If you are travelling to Heathrow and require a transfer to central London, you can use the Heathrow Express. For more information on trains running from Heathrow to London visit the Heathrow Express website at www.heathrowexpress.com.
By Train/London Underground
The nearest train station is Twickenham, which is a short walk from the stadium. Turn right out of the station, and then continue down Whitton Road. Regular trains run to Twickenham from London Waterloo, Clapham Junction, Reading, Ascot and Windsor & Eton Riverside.
Other stations in the vicinity of the stadium are Whitton, St Margarets and Hounslow.
The London Overground service also runs from Richmond to North London and Stratford.
The nearest Underground stations are Hounslow East for the Piccadilly Line, and Richmond for the District Line.
By RFU Shuttle Bus
On all event days with an attendance of more than 35,000, there is an RFU shuttle bus service between Richmond Station and the stadium, before and after events.
Before events the fare is 50p, which is donated to charity, but after events the service is free. On capacity or near capacity match days and concert days, a selected number of buses also go to Hounslow Bus Garage near Hounslow Central LT Piccadilly Line after the event.
The buses 281, 267, 481, 681 and H20 each have regular services which pass close to the stadium. Alternatively take the R68, R70, 33, 110, 290, H22 or 490 to Twickenham town centre – the stadium is a 10-15 minute walk.
Twickenham Stadium is on the northern side of the A316 into London. From the M25, exit J12 onto the M3. This becomes the A316 and Twickenham Stadium is off the Whitton Road roundabout next to the Lexus/Toyota car dealership. From London, turn right off the A316 at Whitton Road roundabout. Please arrive EARLY to avoid congestion and temporary road closures prior to the event
A controlled parking zone operates over an area of approximately one mile around the stadium. Fines and towing are enforced in this area, including Sundays. To pre-book parking at Twickenham please visit www.englandrugby.com to book online, or download a booking form.
It is recommended that you pre-book a car parking space online via the RFU eTicketing site or using a booking form available in the parking section. Limited parking may be available on the day, but to guarantee a space pre-booking is advised.
Limousine and Taxi
Details of pick up and drop off arrangements will be available on these pages prior to concerts. Parking restrictions and road closures apply around the stadium.
Cycle parking facilities are available in the stadium’s South and North car parks, and next to the Ticket Office in the south east corner of the stadium.
Disabled Facilities & Access
Additional Travel Information
- National Rail Enquiries - 08457 48 49 50
- South West Trains Group Travel Discounts - 023 8072 8162
- London Overground - 08705 125 240
- London Travel Information - 020 7222 1234
- National Express - 08717 818 178
You can also use the Transport for London journey planner.