What is Quilter Kids First Champions?
Quilter Kids First Champions helps us identify those clubs and schools where the quality of Quilter Kids First delivery is exceptional. We want to reward them and highlight their successes, celebrating their effort and expertise.
Remember, the club or school must be signed up to Quilter Kids First to be eligible. More details below.
What's in it for those selected?
Your club or school could win a special visit from former England international and British & Irish Lion, Ugo Monye. He will be travelling the country, presenting unique training sessions as a reward for those clubs and schools that are leading the way with Quilter Kids First.
Plus you will receive an automatic place at our Quilter Kids First training day at Twickenham at the end of the season, for up to 14 players (Ts&Cs apply)
From September until April, we’ll be releasing a new video each month, featuring Ugo Monye and the latest Quilter Kids First champion.
What makes a champion?
Kids First Champion clubs or schools are those identified as achieving particular success in:
- Creating a great rugby environment
- Great coaching and upskilling coaches
- Retaining and keeping players in the game.
This is a great opportunity to help recognise and reward the efforts of those involved in Quilter Kids First who are upskilling their coaches, building players’ confidence and creating a great rugby environment for all.
Sounds great, how do I nominate?
1. Observe – see a club or school that you visit that makes rugby fun for all players and that supports young players to enjoy our sport. Check that other parents, coaches and teachers think so too.
2. Nominate – click here to nominate that club/schools a Champion. You’ll be asked why you are nominating them as well as providing an overview of the impact it had. It takes less than 5mins.
3. Reward – winning nominations are selected by a national panel and receive their reward! The work they have done will be shared to support other clubs and schools pacross the country.
- To be eligible for a champion award clubs and schools must have signed up to the Quilter Kids First Pledge
- Ask your Club Chairman or Head Teacher to take the Quilter Kids First pledge by registering their details. As part of the registration process all clubs and schools will pass through a safeguarding filtering. Shortly after, they will be contacted directly by the Rugby Football Union
- Share your great work with the rest of the rugby family by using #QuilterKidsFirst
- Coaches and teachers delivering Quilter Kids First Rugby at U7 to U13s can attend age group specific courses. These courses combine skill development at each grade and outline the incremental progressions through the age grades. Courses cost just £5 and can be found online here or via your local Rugby Development Officer or Community Rugby Coach
Terms and Conditions:NOMINATE NOW >