Quilter Kids First puts children first. Aimed at U7-U13 boys and girls, it upskills coaches and creates a great rugby environment, so that everyone stays in the game for longer. Quilter Kids First is linked to a wider review of age grade rugby. It is a coaching mindset that gives boys and girls aged 6-13 the opportunity to prosper through rugby. It does this by fostering an environment for having fun, learning and building confidence.
We’re asking rugby clubs and schools across the country to take the Quilter Kids First pledge to commit to a range of high quality standards to:
- Put children at the heart of everything we do and all the decisions we make.
- Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
- Develop children’s confidence and character as players and as people, challenging any behaviour that conflicts with this.
- Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for kids.
- Champion rugby’s core values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.
Want to receive extra resources, exclusive videos and access to a community of like-minded individuals?
All clubs and schools can sign up.
Ask your Club Chairman or Head Teacher to take the Quilter Kids First pledge by registering their details.
As part of the registration process all clubs and schools will pass through a safeguarding filtering. Shortly after, they will be contacted directly by the Rugby Football Union.