The RFU National Youth Council is a voluntary consultative body made up of 12 people from across the game aged 16 – 25 years old. The first members, in the current format of the NYC, were recruited in 2014, with the most recent members joining in September 2017.
The Council focuses on a variety of projects and issues across the game, including:
- The recruitment and retention of young volunteers and players in the game
- Leading the Young Rugby Ambassador programme
- Being ambassadors for the sport through a series of conferences and events
- Consulting and advising across the RFU on programmes and projects affecting young people in the game
As a member of the National Youth Council you will be expected to attend 4 meetings across the season in various locations across the country; NYC members serve a two year term. You will gain lots of valuable experiences in public speaking, networking, meetings and events, conference planning and delivery, time management and personal development. We expect you to:
- Have an enthusiasm for rugby union and the growth of the sport
- Have experience in volunteering in your local community
- A passion for being a role model for other young people and
- Have the time to commit to the NYC on an on-going basis
To become part of the National Youth Council apply via the Google Form HERE. You can submit a written application via the form or apply in a different format if you would like. Please ensure any relevant links to videos / files / presentations etc. are submitted via the Google Form.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON SUNDAY 22ND JULY 2018
To be eligible to apply you must be available for the selection day on FRIDAY 31ST AUGUST 2018 which will be held at Twickenham Stadium.