- Dylan Hartley named as new England captain
- Eight facts about the 110kg hooker
Dylan Hartley has been named England captain by Eddie Jones. The Northampton Saints hooker is one of the most experienced names on the team sheet with 66 caps to his name.
But here are some facts you may not know about the new England captain:
1. The 29 year old hooker was born in Rotorua, New Zealand but moved to England at a young age with his English mother.
2. He made his first international start against Argentina at Old Trafford stadium in Manchester in June 2009. He made his debut off the bench against a Pacific Islanders XV in the autumn of 2008.
3. Hartley is an Ambassador of the Matt Hampson Foundation which helps disabled people participate in sport and he is a strong supporter of Movember each year.
If anyone can contribute to my growth this Movember that would be just great. Let's change the face of men's health. https://t.co/bxoH7sbQKw— Dylan Hartley (@DylanHartley) November 8, 2015
4. Hartley has a five month old daughter – born in August 2015.
5. His six year reign as Saints captain is the longest in Northampton’s 130 year history.He was also the youngest Premiership captain at the age of 23.
6. Hartley enjoys filming some of outdoor adventures on his GoPro.
7. Hartley only made the transfer from loose-head prop to hooker in 2005 when he joined Saints.
8. The tough hooker has only scored one try for England in his 66 caps.