- NatWest RugbyForce Weekend to kick off on Saturday, 25th June
- Hundreds of clubs across the country will take part in improving their facilities
On 25th and 26th June rugby clubs up and down the country will open their doors for a weekend of DIY, recruiting club members and the local community as volunteers.
Swapping kits for overalls and rugby balls for paintbrushes, hundreds of clubs will use the weekend to get their facilities ready for next season.
Ranging from BBQs to children’s entertainers and live music, the annual event has become a key event in the calendar for many of England’s rugby clubs.
With just a few days to go, here is a simple checklist to ensure you and your club are ready for a great weekend.
- Make sure you give your event another push on your social media pages over the next couple of days
- Be sure to upload plenty of images and updates to show everyone what your club is doing and celebrate the improvements you’ve made to your club’s facilities
- Please also share your photos with the official NatWest RugbyForce Facebook page
- Tag @NatWest_Rugby and @EnglandRugby on any posts you put out on Twitter
- It’s not too late to contact your local paper or radio station to let them know about your plans. You can even invite them along to speak to some of your volunteers and to take some of their own photos
- Try to capture a mixture of before and after, action and posed group shots and pick out the best ones to send to your local paper
- These will need to be high resolution images – at least 1MB file size
- Websites and social media can use pictures of lower resolution
- Send a note out to your volunteers to let them know that you’re looking forward to seeing them over the weekend
- Give your volunteers a brief overview of the activity that will be taking place and be sure to include timings, directions and a contact number
- Are you stocked up on tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks? Make sure you look after your volunteers by keeping them fuelled
- Don’t forget that there’s plenty of rugby on TV on Saturday. Screening one of the games might provide a nice opportunity to give your guests a bit of a breather and provide them with some entertainment in exchange for their hard work:
11am: Australia v England (third Test)
7pm: World Rugby U20 Championship Final
If you need any last minute communications support or advice, contact: NWRFcomms@rfu.com
There are also hints and tips online in the NatWest RugbyForce toolkit. This includes press release templates and other useful guidance.
Good luck and enjoy the weekend.