a. Twickenham Stadium (including the outer concourses) at 200 Rugby Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW2 7BA (the “Stadium"), is owned and operated by the Rugby Football Union (the “RFU").
b. All car parks owned and/or operated by the RFU (including but not limited to those situated at the West and North of the Stadium; Cardinal Vaughan; the Rosebine) ("Car Park") or other property owned or controlled by the RFU in the vicinity of the Stadium, are collectively "the Ground" for the purposes of these Ground Rules.
c. The RFU excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons/property in or around the Ground.
d. No guarantees can be given by the RFU that any event taking place at the Stadium, whether controlled by the RFU or not (an “Event”), will take place at a particular time or on a particular date and the RFU reserves the right to reschedule an Event without notice and without any liability whatsoever.
e. The RFU reserves the right without prior notice to revoke or vary any of the Ground Rules with immediate effect if this is considered necessary on public safety grounds. Any such revocation or variation of the Ground Rules will be communicated as soon as reasonably practicable at the Ground and via the RFU’s digital channels.
f. All terms and conditions relating to an Event itself, shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the ticket for such Event. The RFU shall have no other liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel costs, in respect of delayed, postponed, or cancelled Events.
Access and Re-access to the Ground and Stadium by Persons
1. Any person who enters the Ground is admitted only on the basis of these Ground Rules and by entering the Ground shall be deemed to have accepted these Ground Rules.
2. Access to the Stadium on Event days is subject to possession of a valid ticket, accreditation, RFU staff pass, or express permission and is at the absolute discretion of the RFU.
3. All persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the RFU’s right to search any person and their belongings whether outside or inside the Ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the Ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.
4. Admission to the Stadium for an Event is only by the entrance shown on the ticket and cannot be guaranteed if the ticket holder arrives at the Stadium less than 45 minutes before the advertised commencement or kick off time.
5. In order to comply with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985, admission to the Stadium will be denied to ticket holders carrying alcohol or any article, or part of an article, capable of causing injury to a person struck by it, being a bottle, cans of alcohol or other portable container which is for holding any drink. Where admission is refused in such circumstances, no money will be refunded.
Refusal of Admission and Right of Ejection
6. The RFU reserves the right to refuse admission to (or eject from the Ground) any person who: i. has transferred their ticket in contravention of the Event ticket terms and conditions. Tickets remain the property of the RFU or other Event organiser at all times; or ii. in the reasonable opinion of the RFU, its subcontractors or agents, makes or incites any form of racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, or any other behaviour likely to cause confusion, offence, or nuisance of any kind, including without limitation use of foul, abusive or offensive language, chanting, and/or gesturing; or iii. fails to comply with these Ground Rules in any way.
Access to the Ground and Stadium by Vehicles
7. The RFU, its subcontractors, nor agents will be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any vehicle or its contents in any Car Park, or to any person who enters the Ground, caused by the RFU, its subcontractors or agents: i. in circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by the RFU or any of its servants or agents; or ii. in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by the RFU, its servants or agents); or iii. to the extent that any increase in loss, injury, or damage results from breach of any of these Ground Rules.
8. All vehicles shall be parked within Car Parks in accordance with instructions communicated by the RFU, its subcontractors or agents. The times during which the Car Parks are open will be set out on the relevant Car Park pass issued in relation to each Event. Admission of vehicles cannot be guaranteed later than 90 minutes before the advertised commencement or kick-off time.
9. In the Event of adverse weather conditions parking arrangements may have to be changed.
10. All persons aged 15 years or under must be accompanied at all times in the Ground by his/her parent, guardian or other responsible adult. Responsibility for a minor remains at all time with the parent or guardian.
11. All children over the age of 2 will require a valid Event ticket.
12. Babes in arms/under 2s do not require an Event ticket but may only be admitted to the Stadium with the prior express authorisation of the RFU.
13. Pushchairs and car seats are not permitted within the Stadium bowl in any circumstances but will be permitted in the Stadium (excluding the Stadium bowl) with express authorisation of the RFU.
14. Bags for RFU controlled events are permitted entry but will be subject to a search. For non RFU controlled events/3rd party stadium hires, additional restrictions may apply.
Inside the Ground
15. No goods of any nature (including but not limited to tickets) may be offered either free or for sale by any person within the Ground without the prior written permission of the RFU. No sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials may be brought into, used, or displayed by any person within the Ground without the prior written permission of the RFU.
16. No charitable or other collection within the Ground shall be undertaken unless authorised in advance by the RFU in writing. Evidence of such authorisation must be displayed clearly (and in the form stipulated by the RFU) by those carrying out such authorised collections.
17. All persons inside the Ground must comply with the lawful directions of any staff member, steward or other servant or agent of the RFU.
18. No unauthorised person is permitted on the playing or performance area, including but not limited to the pitch and its surrounding grassed area together with the emergency vehicle routes lying between the grassed area and the stands.
19. The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways, stairwells and like places, and any climbing on the same, is strictly prohibited.
20. The throwing or launching of any object or projectile within the Ground is strictly prohibited.
21. Glass bottles, glass receptacles, cans of alcoholic drinks, pyrotechnics, flags on sticks or poles which stick or pole measures more than 1.5 metres in length, or any other item which, in the reasonable opinion of the RFU, its subcontractors or agents, could be used as a weapon or cause a nuisance to others, are not permitted within the Stadium.
22. Distribution within the Grounds of any promotional, commercial, political or religious paraphanalia of whatever nature, including but not limited to banners, signs, symbols and leaflets is strictly prohibited, without the express permission of the RFU.
Audio and Visual Equipment
23. By entering the Stadium, all persons are acknowledging that photographic images and/or video recordings (and/or stills taken from video recordings) may be taken off them and may also be used, by way of example and without limitation, in televised coverage of the game or by or on behalf of the RFU, the Event operator (or their commercial partners) for marketing, training or promotional purposes. Entry into the Ground is confirmation that all persons have consented to such use of their image. If these images should feature an individual prominently, then entry into the Ground shall be deemed consent unless the RFU and/or the Event operator is notified in writing to the contrary.
24. Mobile telephones and other mobile or tablet devices and cameras are permitted within the Ground provided that (i) they are used for personal and private use only (which, for the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, shall not include the capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing, or any other communication of any Event content for any commercial purposes); (ii) no Event material that is captured by a mobile telephone or other mobile or tablet device, that is intended for commercial rather than personal use, may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites; and (iii) use of such device does not obstruct the views of other spectators.
25. Save as set out in paragraph 27 above, no person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may capture, log, record, transmit, play, issue, show or otherwise communicate (by digital or other means) any Event content in relation to an Event, any players or other persons present in the Ground, nor may they bring into the Ground or use within the Ground (or provide to, facilitate or otherwise assist another person to use within the Ground) any equipment or technology which is capable of capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing or otherwise communicating (by digital or other means) any such Event content. Copyright, database rights and any other intellectual property rights in any unauthorised recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future rights) to the RFU (or Event controller, where applicable).
26. CCTV cameras are in use around and in the Ground and the RFU may itself use, or pass to the police, relevant authority, or any Event organiser, recordings for legitimate and/or lawful purposes.
Food and Drink
27. When purchasing alcohol, if you appear to be under the age of 25, you may be asked for proof of age. We reserve the right to refuse to serve you alcohol if you do not have valid photographic ID.
28. Drinks purchased in the Ground must not be taken out of the Ground.
Smoking / e-cigarettes / Vaping
29. Smoking, e-cigarettes, and vaping is permitted on the North, East and West (but not South) ground level only and not within the concourse. Smoking, e-cigarettes, and vaping is prohibited within the seating bowl and in the enclosed areas of the middle and upper tier concourses.
30. Assistance dogs are permitted within the Ground.
31. Persons with visual impairments, who require audio commentary aids are required to notify the Stadium ticket office, where assistance will be provided. Drones
32. No person is allowed to operate a drone or similar machine at, or above, the Ground without the prior written consent of the RFU.
33. The erection of any awning, gazebo or similar construction is not permitted in any Car Park, without the prior written consent of the RFU.
34. The provision of commercial hospitality products and/or services which have been sold to end users (as opposed to gifted for corporate entertainment purposes) are prohibited anywhere on the Ground, unless authorised in writing by the RFU.
35. Petrol generators of any variety, for hospitality use or otherwise, are prohibited on any part of the Grounds.
36. The construction or use of any type of fire, naked flame barbecue or liquefied petroleum gas device, for cooking or heating, is prohibited within the Ground.